Monday 5 March 2012

Looking backwards, looking forward

Morning all

The weekend, visiting my parents was lovely, as ever.

We got back late yesterday afternoon, so I forced myself, grumbling and moaning, out of the armchair in the evening and went to the workshop. I needed to mix new batches of glaze and clean the workshop, ready to start the mighty task of glazing all of these pots today. This is probably the part of the process I like the least, although I'm sure it'll be fine once I get going - the prospect is always worse than the reality.

The light coming through the window this morning tells me it's going to be a lovely day. I'm ready for Spring and the energy that it inspires, I'm really looking forward to seeing colour in the hedgerows and in my little garden.

It's easy in the depths of winter, to forget that the flowers and leaves will return, so I was happy to look back over this footage as a little reminder. I strung it together into a short film to share with you. It's of some stuff I did back in September - pots that I made for my solo show in Nottinghamshire, and the beautiful, late summer blooms, in my workshop flowerbeds.



Happy Monday everybody, have a great week.

4 comments:

Quietly Otaku said...

I sometimes dread glazing too, I often find that its the process I feel as if I have least control over. Once the pots are loaded in thats it, different every time!

cookingwithgas said...

the sun is coming through my window even giving a spring feel to the basement office- flowers have been gracing the kitchen even few days teasing me into spring.
Funny how there are always things we don't like...then once we are there it all works out.

Joe Troncale said...

Thanks for the pictures of the flowers. Glad you had a good visit with your folks.
I realized the other day that I don't like glazing either and that I actually need to spend more time with my glazing compared to all the other things that I do with the pots.
It's always inspiring to see your work. Thanks for sharing.

doug Fitch said...

Hi all

Well it did all work out, in fact it hasn't been too bad today - much better than I expected once I got going. My workshop has become a lot more organized in recent times and that makes a big difference.

Different every time is good as long as it's good different every time :)