Friday 18 November 2011

It's showtime

On Wednesday, my chum Frank, Murphy the dog and I, went on the long journey to Thoresby Hall, to deliver the pots for the exhibition. It's a fantastic space. Hil and I will be making the journey again tomorrow morning, in time for the opening of the show, which starts at midday.
Before I took them away, my friend Jonathan took these photographs of some of the pots that are in the exhibition.


There are over seventy pieces in the show - I'm looking forward to seeing it all set out. I'll make sure I get some photos of the show and if anybody out there can make it, it will be great to see you there.

Here's a short video of the sgrafitto jug from my previous post, fired and finished. This pot will be in the exhibition.

Well I've a really early start in the morning, so I'll bid you goodnight. I'll report back soon. Goodnight!

12 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

I think these are some of the most beautiful pots you have ever posted! and the photography is exceptional! I don't think any of them will be coming back home with you :) best wishes and safe travels!!!

Anna M. Branner said...

Read Tracey's post a twice 'cause it's exactly what I want to say! I know it will be GREAT!

(my word verification is "corker" ha!)

Ron said...

Have a great show Doug. I hope many, many pots sell.

Hollis Engley said...

Looks like you have great pots for the show, Doug. Wish we could be there. Sell out!

Susan said...

Your pots are very beautiful

Unknown said...

WOW.....Amanda x

ang design said...

you really have the stuff there mr fitch, wishing you a stupendous show and a big squish from me!! :))

Sister Creek Potter said...

Lovely, really lovely! I'm so very happy for you!

Quietly Otaku said...

Good luck with your show, I'm sure it'll be amazing your work looks great!

Paul Jessop said...

Looking Good Mr Fitch.

doug Fitch said...

Thank you all very much, it was brilliant :-)

Anonymous said...

Such good pots you make, Doug! I have a few now....hope you keep on making more...so I can buy more...the movie of Cardew is superb..thanks from Steve!!