Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snowy day

No pots today. The boys were off school as the buses were cancelled so I stayed at home too. What a joy to have a laaaaaaaaaaaazy day.

We hardly ever get snow down here in Devon, so I'm pleased they had some time to play in it.



I did pop up to the workshop briefly this afternoon to get the car which thankfully I was able to get up the hill and home. This was the view across the orchard. It's pathetic amount of snow really, but because the lanes are so up and down and because the minor lanes are rarely gritted, it makes some of them inaccessible.

I'm supposed to be travelling up-country later in the week to do a talk and demo for the Dacorum and Chiltern Potters Guild on Friday - scary, but I think it's been postponed until next week



Blackbird print - I'll use that on a pot some time.

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

In northern New York we have not seen the ground in months thanks to the snow cover....

cindy shake said...

Snow days are wonderful! Though it puts a production schedule into a tumble I always feel fortuante to be self-employed and able to have a "kid day" with the family.

Unfortunately, we just learned today that the 3 "no-school due to ice" (which we never have had before!) we had off a couple weeks ago, will need to be made up in March :o(

oh well, go with the ice/snow/storm flow I guess :o)

Craig Edwards said...

Snow in Devon!!! Makes it so much nicer to be in a warm studio making.
I've been a real analog sort of fellow lately.. good to read your blog from the other side of the pond.

doug Fitch said...

We're a bit pathetic here - we couldn't cope with that - apparently we have different snow here, but I wouldn't know if that's true or not. You must be quite used to it, especially Cindy - nice to hear from you by the way.

Howdy Craig, glad you're fine and well, good to hear from you too and good to know you're out there - good to know you have better things to do with your time than this! Hope the pots and firings are going along well.