Tuesday 16 September 2008

Alan Gaff

This evening many of our blogging circle are stunned by the sad news of the death of Alan Gaff of Argyll Pottery. It's shocking news. The following words are from Hannah who knew him outside of this virtual world. What a tradgedy.

'I don't want to write this because I don't want to believe it. Nicola who works with Alan sent me an email today with the horrible news that Alan had an accident last night on his motorbike and has passed away. I know there were people reading the blogs who were starting to think of Alan as a friend since he started joining in with comments on our blogs and with his own. This is not much of a tribute as as you can imagine I am not really comprehending it. Nicola asked me to let people know and this I think is the way to reach as many people as I can. I can only say that my heart goes out to Alan's family and to Hugh and Nicola who he worked and laughed with. I will certainly miss his general mickey taking and the friendly rivalry of my low fired earthenware pots to his high fired stoneware.'

No comments: