Tuesday 19 August 2008

Soggy but back


Well the weather wasn't very kind to us while we were away, but we had a great time nevertheless. I'm still on holiday this week, although I have to work today in order to get some last minute pots together for the Harvest Jug event in Bideford in a couple of weeks time. I'll post more details about the event later, it's going to be a good one. I've a whole stack of emails to reply to aswell, so please bear with, I'll be getting up to date later on.

These pictures are from my friend and fellow Love Daddy, Paul Cook's workshop - Johnny took them for him. I'm going to be doing a show with Paul in October so I'm off to his workshop shortly, en route to mine, to plan a collaborative project - more details of that later too. His workshop is about three miles from mine, down the leafy lanes. Marky Mark's coming up this evening and we'll work on into the night so that I can get the rest of the week off with the family - various outings are planned.




The timber in this amazing carving is an old lintel from an ancient dwelling which was listed in the Domesday Book, so just imagine how many hundreds of years have passed since the tree was a sapling. Anyway, got to fly but I've lots to report so check back later. Have a good day all.

ps Paul Has a blog called Wood Art Words but he's currently off-line. If you would like to contact him, drop me an email and I can put you in touch.

5 comments:

klineola said...

Hey! great to hear from you. I was beginning to think the 'body snatchers' had gotten you. I love Paul's carving and i subscribe to his blog. thanks. Looking forward to seeing some pottery from your way.

Hannah said...

Hi Doug,
Hope the hols were good. You'll be glad you didn't have to slum it in a tent this time I suppose.
h

Ron said...

Hey Hope you got some rest on your vacation, you sure deserve it.

Becky said...

Welcome home. Glad the water horses didn't hie you away. (or is that Scotland only?)
Great to see some of Cookie's work on your site too.

Paul Jessop said...

Paul your workshop looks great